Harrison and Aidan were best friends at nursery and at school. I have a memory burned painfully in my brain of Harrison walking home with Aidan on his (Harrison's) last day at school and saying "I like you Aidan. Aidan I like you." Since we moved to Australia Harrison has posted Aidan letters and presents.
I was great friends with his mum, Emma. Since we left a little sister, Nellie Rose, arrived in their family.
Emma didn't tell Aidan that Harrison was coming. We went to meet him after school. Before we walked up Emma said "Aidan I have a surprise for you." Aidan replied "Is it chocolate?" Emma said, "No it's someone who has come a long way to see you." A slow smile dawned across Aidan's face and then he beamed "Is it Harrison?" They played in the park and then at Aidan's new house a though it had been hours since they were last together rather than years. We miss you Millard family.