Saturday, 3 October 2015

School holiday trip to Canberra

Jon took the children to stay with Richard and Narelle in Canberra.  The trip was somewhat delayed due to a Harrison suffering from a tummy bug, which we thought he had recovered from until he threw up at Parliament House!

I was very happy in our House of Hope, but my heart did break a little the night before they left when Harrison suddenly realised that I wasn't coming with them. I don't think it occurred to him that I would have to stay behind to work, his eyes filled with tears and he wrapped his arms around my neck and whispered in my ear "I want you to come too."

Once safely away I don't think he missed me for a minute and we will have more holidays together in the future.







 
At Floriade
 



 
At Parliament House and the Mint.