Bethany will be two on 14
th October. She loves trains, particularly James from Thomas the Tank engine. James is a red engine. Jon and I spent a long time creating a James birthday cake for her.

This was the best we could come with. There's a whole lot of red food colouring and butter in that icing.

Harrison found the cake first, and informed me that it did not have a dome or funnel. I suggested that two candles could remedy this, but was told "You can't eat candles Mummy!"

Bethany had no technical objections, and said "James!" when she saw the cake.

We took it to
Neo (our family service) and everyone there sang Happy Birthday. There was lots of interest in the cake....

...particularly from the young people who carefully supervised the cutting..

....and enjoyed the eating!

Can you see the Thomas Train on Bethany's dress? Thanks Grandma!

This is Bethany Rose with her friend, Bethany Rose! I don't have to look after Bethany after
Neo, bigger Bethany is her faithful friend following her everywhere.

Here they are playing together.