Monday, 11 December 2006

Back in Merry old England




Or do I mean merry cold England? Actually, it has not been that cold (apparently). The radio is talking about the spring like weather. Having come from Sydney's spring, it feels pretty darn cold to me! I don't mind the cold so much as the dark, it's dark here before 4:30pm now.

The trip back was amazingly straight forward, praise God! Thanks to those who prayed. Harrison slept much more than last time and did not cry once.

When I got back to the flat it felt as though I had never lived there. I couldn't remember where to put things away in the kitchen! It was a very strange feeling. My culture shock (and sleeplessness) was really helped by Anne and Margaret (friends from Gosport church) coming to be with me those first few days.

It was lovely to catch up with lots of friends when we got back. Jon's mum and dad came to visit and it was great to see Baker family. Harrison and I were getting into a routine and enjoying being back in England. Then I got the flu. I could not get out of bed and was very miserable (I'm the world's worst patient). Jon was a star and worked from home to look after Harry and do all the household jobs. He is the best dad ever! I am feeling heaps better now.

Jon is busy with Christmas events. Next year he hopes to run a Christianity Explored group and a "Walking through the Bible" group. He is also starting a new youth group with two other local churches. He has done a lot of schoool assemblies recently.

We miss everyone in Australia lots and lots. You can always email us with your news and photos: jonheatherbaker@yahoo.com.au


.